Wednesday 20 March 2013

Reality check!

 The fabulous Patsy Collins has nominated me for this award. I'm honoured to receive it and am looking forward to passing it on to some others! The only trouble is, in my small blogging community it's hard to find someone who hasn't already had it!

First, I have to answer some questions, so here goes:

If you could change one thing, what would it be?
 I'd have done a degree. Not too late, I know, but less convenient!


If you could repeat an age, what would it be?

I'm perfectly happy now, but if I had to choose, I'd say the years between 30 and 35. My kids were little, we had lots of fun family times and I'd begun to feel like a 'proper' grown up and learned how to say no to things I didn't want to do.

What one thing really scares you?

I know this is maudlin, but the only thing I ever feel panic about is the thought of my kids dying. It's hard, having older kids who are out on their own/living away. Sorry!
 
If you could be someone else for a day, who would it be?

Goodness. Obviously, it would have to be the other half of someone really gorgeous - maybe Aaron Paul (from Breaking Bad)'s girlfriend? Swooneroony (but don't tell my husband...)
 
Well, those were the questions, so now to pass it on:
 
You know how I ALWAYS go on about not having enough time? Well, I haven't got enough time to check out who has already had this award! I'm awarding it to the following people:
 
Claudia at The Story - a very real and interesting blog
Jaybird at Bird's Nest because she has some very quirky and interesting posts
and
my old friend Annalisa at Wake up, Eat, Write, Sleep because she always has something interesting to say.
 
If any of these blogs are new to you, please go and say hello!
 
(Are you still swooning over Aaron Paul? Here's another pic just for you. I won't enjoy it at all.)
 
 
 
 

11 comments:

Claudia Moser said...

Thank you for your kind comment on my blog and also for the award!

Rena said...

These are great answers. And yeah, Swoonworthy Aron Paul!

Dana said...

Congrats on the award! Would you believe I've never heard of Aaron Paul? I agree that he's swoon-worthy, though. ☺

Happy Wednesday.

Theresa Milstein said...

Congratulations on your award.

I loved the time when my kids were little too. I love this time now as well. But it's sad to know I'll never have young ones and be in that time of my life again. And all mothers worry about their kids dying. At least, I do.

farawayeyes said...

congrats on the award. Nice to know a little bit more about you. I'm with you on that grown up kids thing.

Annalisa Crawford said...

Congratulations on the award, and thanks for passing it on to me. No, I haven't received this one, and I'm looking forward to answering the questions!

Patsy said...

If I had another award handy I'd give you that too - just for calling me fabulous!

jaybird said...

Thanks so much Linda! I did not received this award and I am very happy to now!!

PS: I loved your answers. And I'm still swooning here. Thank you.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

The early thirties were an awesome time. And I feel your worry about the kids. My eldest is in his first year of college and the biggest adjustment has been not knowing where he is at any given time. He's a big boy and he can wander the town without checking in with mom! How did that happen?

Anonymous said...

Have you looked at the Open University Linda? I did my level one courses for a degree with them and hope to go back and finish it at some point, but with working and writing, I had to make a choice. I do recommend them for distance learning though. Very well set up.

Unknown said...

Nice to learn about you. The Dude is cute but I'm not a fan of Dudes in necklaces. Perhaps I should help him remove it...
~Just Jill