Thursday 19 April 2012

17. Q

So, Q...  Nothing comes to mind!

Having Googled 'places beginning with Q' I was amazed to see just how many places actually begin with Q - did you know that Quebec can be found in Surrey and Durham (UK) as well as in Canada?  I didn't but if the website I found can be believed (getting into murky waters here, the internet being what it is), it's true!

There are a mass of places beginning with 'Queen or Queens...' (for obvious reasons) and plenty of other places beginning with Q, but unfortunately I haven't been to any of them and don't have a long-held yearning to visit any of them, either.  So...  here are five of what I consider to be the most charming UK place-names beginning with Q and a photo to go with them!

1.  Quemerford, Wiltshire, UK.  

2.  Quabbs, Shropshire, UK  

3.  Quadring Eaudike, Lincolnshire, UK 

4.  Quaking Houses, County Durham, UK 

5.  Queenzieburn, North Lanarkshire, UK 

Do let me know if you live somewhere beginning with Q so I can check it out! 

6 comments:

Claudia Moser said...

Nice Q locations!

Dana said...

I had no idea there were so many Q places. :)

Annalisa Crawford said...

I miss-read Queenzieburn as QueenziebuM... lol :-)

Catherine said...

I don't live there anymore, but I'm actually from Quebec City (Province of Québec, Canada). Very pretty city!

Unknown said...

There's more than one Quebec? O.o

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

Interesting. Nope no Qs here. I've got a Cary and a Gainesville. Very exciting, right ;) Had no clue there were so many Q places out there! Love the photos!

Anna@Herding Cats & Burning Soup